Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Able Bodies.
As part of our amazing Deck Team who is responsible for navigational safety and integrity of the vessel, ensuring that all lifesaving and fire fighting equipment are ready and properly working at all times, and coordinates all crew safety training. The deck department is also responsible for the security of the vessel as well as the overall maintenance of the ship's exterior surfaces and open decks.
Joining Carnival is the first step on the path to a rewarding career onboard our FUN ships!
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Ensuring that all aspects of company’s environmental policy and procedures applicable to the job task being carried out including but not limited to , the proper labeling of all hazardous material containers including those which may be temporarily used the proper storage and containment of hazardous chemicals including paints, the proper precautionary procedures specified by the company when painting onboard or “over the side” , the proper application of the company’s personal protection program.
- Ensuring that all aspects of company Occupational Health and Safety policy are effectively applied during work activities
- Perform arrival and departure maneuvers as required by ships schedule
- Under the supervision of the 1st Bosun, perform maintenance work on life saving appliances
- Chipping and painting of external deck areas
- Able to conduct Bridge and Gangway watch, Hand steering, Lookout
- Perform Water shuttle services
- Perform correct interpretation of navigational lights, shapes and sound signals during lookout duties
- Perform cleaning and painting of freshwater tanks, ballast tanks, void spaces, and heeling tanks.
- Perform Cherry picker service
- Perform funnel cleaning and painting
- Perform laundry and Galley cleaning
- Perform Backstage duties
- Assistance on mooring station for un-/mooring operations
- Perform any other assignment as required by Staff Captain or Bosun
Minimum Requirements:What do you bring to the table?
- Certificate of Competency STCW reg: II/4 and II/5, or higher (II/1, II/2)
- Basic Training Certificates as per STCW standard
- Min 12 months shipboard experience in AB capacity
- High School Diploma, Technical training
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Deep understanding of navigational safety and environmental awareness
- Strong focus on ships safety management
- Follow Carnival’s Occupational and Health policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to work well with a team
- Understanding basic principal of Bridge Resource Management
- Being representative of Carnival Brand
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- Experience as AB onboard cruise ships
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More