Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Aquatic Attendants! This role will see you working on the front line with our guests ensuring that they are safe when using the Ships Pools and water park facility so they can have FUN!
You’ll be overseeing the water park and pool areas ensuring there is no overcrowding, dangerous acts and that any maintenance issues are reported to your Supervisor to avoid accidents. You will be spending your time outside on the open deck so you will love being in the Sunshine! As with all of our team members, you’ll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
- While being assigned to open deck areas the Aquatic Attendant must be alert and vigilant to ensure that the facilities are used safely.
- The Aquatic Attendant assigned to this duty must be alert to controlling crowd behavior, ensuring safe and orderly use of the facilities.
- While assigned to waterpark/slide duties/pools - the Aquatic Attendant are responsible for the safety and orderly conduct of guests; safe entry and exit of riders from the slides, general crowd control and enforcement of associated procedures.
- The Aquatic Attendant will be responsible to correct and report any horse-play or inappropriate behavior to supervisors as necessary
- The Aquatic Attendant should report any safety or repairs/maintenance that may be needed for the areas he/she oversees.
- Maintains constant surveillance of guests in and around the pool, acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guests in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services as trained prior to assumption of duties by company dedicated company/individual.
- Correct usage, storage and labeling of all chemicals and other applicable equipment.
- Use of cleaning machines and equipment under the guidance of management to maintain the waterpark, waterslides, whirlpools and swimming pools to company standard.
- When RWF are closed, will be assign with cleaning tasks as directed by Pool and Deck supervisor or Housekeeping management such as cleaning of RWF, fecal accident cleaning, sun lounger scrubbing, cleaning around the pool areas, assisting collecting plates and cups, packing up the sun lounger, etc .
- Adhere to the company’s standards regarding dress and appearance (Carnival Look Book).
- Adhere to all Carnival Values at all times.
- Ensure that chlorine, bromide and PH levels in the pools and whirlpools are maintained according to the USPH requirements. Maintain the pool logs
- Apply hospitality standards at all times in guest and crew areas.
- Advise any guest challenges immediately to Housekeeping Management.
- Follow all safety regulations during the course of duty.
- During dry docks/wet docks schedules may be altered to include the coverage of stateroom cleaning and services and or special assignments related to the circumstances.
- Follow all environmental, USPH and HESS - MS procedures as applicable for position.
- Assist with luggage delivery and related duties as instructed.
- Follow up Time and Attendance policy.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More