Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us on board as Bar Waiters!!
If you are an upbeat, charismatic soul who can’t stop smiling, we would like to hear from you. When considering a role with us, ask yourself: Do I enjoy providing top notch customer service? Am I fun and engaging? Am I a people person? A Carnival Bar Waiter is responsible for providing excellent beverage service to our guests. Bar Waiters are team players who are able to build rapport with our guests. They have comprehensive knowledge of prices and ingredients of all drinks on our menus and are able to suggest and promote drinks that will, proportionally, increase revenue.
- Arrive at work at the specified time in a clean, company specified uniform. Follow Carnival Look book at all times.
- Comply with fun time procedures at all times.
- Bar servers must have a comprehensive knowledge of the ingredients and prices of all drinks on the menu as well as the daily specials and any promotional sale of the day?
- Ensure that the waiter station is set up according to the Carnival standard as well as fully stocked with ice, fruit trays and glasses.
- Responsible to achieve assigned revenue targets.
- Collect fruit trays from Buffet pantry on daily basis.
- Ensure that tables are kept clean and that menus, no smoking signs (where applicable)/ ashtrays are clean and in place
- Scrutinize the bar area to ensure all furniture is in good condition. Report any deficiency to the Bar Manager or Assistant bar manager.
- Aware of any special promotions and advise guests accordingly.
- Aware of all activities outlined in the Carnival Capers and inform guests accordingly.
- Liaise with the Bar management on all matters pertaining to bar activities.
- Ensure that the bar is cleaned according to established USPH standards at the close of the shift.
- Ensure correct sail and sign procedures are followed at all times.
- Advise Bar management or security when a guest(s) appear to be intoxicated and behaving in such a way that they need to be monitored for their wellbeing
- Wash glasses and set up bar waiter stations.
- Set up and breakdown the tables for special events (Bottomless Bubbles, deck party etc..)
- Before end of shift and before leaving the work place check the lounges and collect left over glasses, menus and ashtrays.
- Attend all safety drills as requested by the ships command.
- Punctually attend all meetings as required by the management.
- Perform other duties as per management instructions.
- Attend all scheduled private parties and functions.
- Responsible for removing ice from ice chest, cleaning glass racks, walk in fridges, pantry u/c fridges, lockers and check glasses on daily basis.
- Clean the ice machines once a week.
- Assist Bartender to check and arrange storeroom receiving
- Assist Bartender with bar inventory and once a month glass inventory.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Hotel / Bar / Club in the bar.
- Fluency in conversational English.
- Must be physically strong and able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs to sustain physically challenging work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on their own.
- Previous customer service and sales experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More