Chef De Partie -GalleyApply Date posted 08/01/2022
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Chef De Parties’ (Galley, Pantry, Buffet, Pastry and Staff)
Our guest love to eat and with all the amazing food on board our ships who can blame them! As Chef De Partie (CDP) for Carnival you will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef and rest of the Galley Management team to oversee the activities of the food preparation and meal services aboard the ship, within your assigned area.
Assisting to support a team of hardworking Culinary professionals in your section, the CDP is responsible for assisting with the day to day food preparation and meal services activities, ensuring consistency, quality, cost effectiveness, and the highest level of sanitation are maintained, all in keeping with company and USPH standards.
You will be a foodie who enjoys engaging with your team, has an eye for detail and enjoys being part of a large diverse and busy team where no two days are the same, but there is always FUN! Joining Carnival as a Chef De Partie is a great step towards a rewarding career as part of our Galley Management team and a career at sea!
- Ensure the smooth preparation and service to company standards of all food items within assigned section.
- Ensure quality, consistency and maximum food cost efficiency, whilst maintain proper food specifications are followed.
- Comply with correct Fun time procedures and ensuring that all team members attend work on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all team members comply with company specified uniforms, wearing safety equipment if appropriate.
- Assist the galley management with the professional development of those team members assigned to that section with daily / weekly training.
- Assist Chef and the galley management with the food loading – Monitoring the quality and specification of food items that are received on board; report all discrepancies to the chef.
- During the operation monitor the quality and presentation of all food items rectifying where necessary. Notify Chef of any issues regarding presentation of items already served to guest.
- Ensure that the team members within the section are trained as per proper HESSMS procedures. – On the job training forms must be filled out by all signing on personnel.
- Ensure galley equipment and accessories are adequately maintained; submit info ship repairs to Sous chef or Staff chef – Ensure that correct follow up is carried out.
- Comply with correct HAACP plan / USPH requirements by ensuring temperature logs are maintained for food items / equipment with assigned section.
- Ensure that all daily requisitions from Provision match Crunch Time orders, ensuring proper transportation, rotation and storage practices are complied with – Report all variances to Sous Chef / Store Keeper.
- Take active role in reviewing / understanding the daily FCW; Explaining to team members with section the plan of action to correct is required.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to assigned section is submitted to Chef in a timely, well presented manner.
- Communicate effectively with store keepers daily, regarding any potential product shortages – Reporting to Sous Chef / Chef - Suggest any product changes that may have to occur.
- Ensure that correct medical procedures are been maintained – reporting unwell team members to the Medical Center and the Chef and as to which section they have been working in.
- Liaise with Asst. Food Operations Mgr. – Galley Supervisor regarding the cleaning of the section – Advise of timing most suitable to operation.
- Plan all equipment requirements ahead of time – Liaise with Galley supervisor / Sous chef about any special requirements for the operation.
- Ensure proper collation and storage of all galley equipment and accessories required ahead of time. Ensure all team members have the correct tools required to carry their assigned tasks. Notify Sous Chef of any short falls.
- Conduct regular inspections of the section and monitor the garbage separation, correct food handling procedures and product specifications.
- Ensure that correct USPH Standards are been maintained at all times throughout the operation – correct and report all findings to Sous chef or CDP’s assigned to the section in question.
- Ensure all team members within the section attend all on board training sessions and drills. Notify team members in advance – whilst arranging coverage of the section without affecting guest service.
- To proactively assist galley management in other tasks and projects assigned by management – Actively implementing any changes put forward by the Chef.
- Assist the chef / sous-chef conduct culinary classes – if required.
- Assist the Sous chef in compiling accurate operational par levels of stocks required in assigned sections.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More