Cook Asian CornerApply
DOES A WOK STIR YOUR SOUL?
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Our guests love to eat and especially all of the amazing offerings at our Asian Corners. If you are all about Chinese cuisine then this is it! You should be on our team, Ingredients unlimited! Creativity is unrestricted! Cuisine uncaged! We are looking for Cook Asian Corner to join our FUN! Ships.
***New travel policy! We are excited to share that Carnival Cruise Line is now providing joining flight tickets for all new hires and rehires in all Hotel positions.***
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of Asian food operations in their various forms
- Precise knowledge of all specifications in use is a required
- Clear and demonstrated knowledge of food quality standards at Asian food operations is a necessity
- Excellent knowledge of food presentation standards are a necessity
- A clear understating of all work divisions and prep lists
- A clear understanding of cost management and profitability of an operation
- Maintain a clear understanding of the operation’s revenue goals where it is involved
- Liaising with the service teams towards the achievement of revenue goals
- Ability to promote and enhance products and guest experience
- Ability to resolve guest issues with either direct contact or via consultation
- Liaise with Culinary Arts management towards the achievement of revenue and guest satisfaction.
Position Minimum Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Should have at minimum 1-year vocational education with an internship in culinary arts or equivalent certified apprenticeship program
- Should have full comprehension of Chinese cuisine and its regional derivatives such as Sichuan, Hunan, Cantonese, etc
- At least 36 months as a full-time employee in an Asian Cuisine restaurant in a production role of quick service, full service or fine dining operation.
- Of the 36 months, ideally at minimum 12 months should be at production role that preferably involved direct guest contact and interaction
- Exposure to and understating of Pan Asian and Japanese Cuisines are desirable.
- The ability to work in a public area with guest contact and interaction is necessary
- Previous Cruiseline experience is beneficial.
- International work experience is an advantage.
- Ideal candidates will have mastery over a wok and its workings with a good comprehension of Chinese cuisine
- Knowledge and previous experience of dumplings, dim-sums, pulling noodles, and the finer points of various southeast Asian cuisines is advantageous.
You will be part of a multicultural and multinational team delivering FUN in food to our guests, working in a highly supportive and inclusive team environment. As an industry leader in compliance, our focus is also upon the environment, waste management, corporate ethics, and creating a fair and equitable work environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More