Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We're looking for dedicated individuals to join our Electrical Team as an Electro-Technical Cadet.
The Electro-Technical Team is a small dedicated all-star team whose responsibilities include monitoring all electrical equipment and systems aboard one of our fabulous vessels! This includes power generation, control systems, radio communications, and electronic navigation aids to maximize the operational safety and efficiency of the vessel.
This role will see you learning the ropes from our Electro-Technical Officers assisting them with the day-to-day maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment on-board, be it in the guest or crew cabins, public areas around the ship, or in the heart of the operation of the Engine. You will learn the procedures, policies, and maintain the highest standards of safety at all times.
The Electrical Team play a vital part in ensuring our guest can focus on having a great vacation experience in their home away from home. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
This position is offered on 4 months on-board 2 months' vacation rotation.
- Assist the Staff Electro-Technical Officer and the Electro-Technical Officers in the execution of the maintenance and routine testing of instruments and automation. As an ETO Cadet, you'll be learning about our operation and performing various tasks under the supervision
- Learning and gaining a working knowledge of the automation system, power generation and electricity management, propulsion system in general, and security systems
- Learning and gaining a working knowledge of the operation of the existing types of the engine onboard, performs general checks to be made within various deadlines, checks, and maintenance particular to the electrical motors, and record-keeping of the same
- Learning to perform the routine and/or emergency interventions on equipment necessary for the navigation (i.e. Radar, GMDSS) and on equipment necessary for the Guest Service (i.e TV System, Telephone System, Entertainment equipment, etc)
- Learning to perform operations of medium/low voltage and all switchboards on board the ship, including the emergency switchboard
- Ensure that all aspects of the company's occupational health and safety programs are applied during working activities
- Assisting the supervisor on all electronic issues when required
- Ensure all aspects of the company's global (HESS-MS) Health, Environment, Safety and Security Management System are effectively applied during his/her working activities
- Participate in drills and training as required by the company
- Complete additional assignments depending on shipboard operations and as part of training
Minimum Entry Requirements
- STCW Certificate - Section A-III/6 of the STCW Code
- 1+ Years of experience working onboarding in a shipboard environment or similar
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More