Hotel Service TechnicianApply Date posted 03/16/2022
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Hotel Service Technicians!
Our Ships are floating hotels and our guest like to enjoy all of amazing amenities that we have on offer for them and our Hotel Service Technicians are the behind the scenes superstars who support the Engine Team by ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of all of the Hotel Equipment’s and Main Laundry equipment for mechanical, electrical and electronic components. You will be part of the amazing Engine Team on board reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager but working closely with a number of the Hotel Managers to ensure the Equipment around the Hotel areas of the ship are fully functions and ready for our guests.
Joining Carnival as a Hotel Service Technician is the first step towards a rewarding career on-board our Fun Ships!
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance, upkeep and troubleshooting of the following Hotel equipment mechanical, electrical and electronic components:
- Coffee machines
- Juice/ Blender machines
- Guest and Crew Laundry Equipment (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical control assistance where necessary)
- Gym Equipment (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical control assistance where necessary)
- Main Laundry Equipment (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical control assistance where necessary)
- Washers and extractors
- Ironing machines
- Perform the comprehensive electrical/electronic and mechanical maintenance (where indicated and trained) repair, routinely test and automation trouble shooting of the above mentioned equipment
- Maintain current records of maintenance and repairs
- Help with the continuous updating and developing of planned maintenance procedures through experience gained with each type of machine on board for which they are responsible.
- Ensure the inventory of strategic spare parts on board is sufficient to adequately maintain each machine for which they are responsible
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment for which they are responsible
- Provides electrical and mechanical support to the Electrical Team where needed
- Participates in all safety drills and trainings
- Any other job assigned by the Facilities Maintenance Manager or Staff Chief Engineer.
Minimum Requirements:What do you bring to the table?
- 2+ years experience with Hotel mechanical equipment, electrical and electronic components ( Galley/ Bar/ Gym/ Main Laundry/Electric and Electronic)
- High School Diploma, Technical training
- Basic STCW Trainings
- English Language proficiency
- Follow Carnival’s Occupational and Health policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to work well with a team
- Being representative of Carnival Brand
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- Experience as Hotel Service Technician onboard cruise ships
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More