Jr Electro Technical OfficerApply
Set sail on a new career with Carnival and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We're looking for dedicated individuals to join our Electrical Team as a Junior Electro-Technical Officer.
The Electro-Technical Team is a small dedicated all-star team whose responsibilities include monitoring all electrical equipment and systems aboard one of our fabulous vessels! This includes power generation, control systems, radio communications, and electronic navigation aids to maximize the operational safety and efficiency of the vessel.
This role will see you handling the ropes from our Electro-Technical Officers Team, working closely on the day to day maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment on-board, be it in the guest or crew cabins, public areas around the ship or in the heart of the operation the Engine. You will closely follow the procedures, policies, and keep the highest standards of safety at all times.
The Electrical Team play a vital part in ensuring our guest can focus on having a great vacation experience in their home away from home. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Work diligently with the Staff Electro-Technical Officer and the Electro-Technical Officers in the execution of the maintenance, repairs, and routine testing of:
Electrical and electronic equipment
Communication systems, entertainment systems, and selected IT systems assigned
Automation and control systems
Electrical machinery and Auxiliary systems in the Engine and Hotel spaces
Cooperation in repairs of Galley and Laundry Equipment managed by Facility department
- Responsible that the automation system, power generation and electricity management, propulsion system in general and security systems are in order and in function at all times, under the supervision of SETO
- Participate in the Engine Control Room duties during maneuvering in confined waters and approaches, according to the Engine Resource Management (ERM) in case of need, supporting SETO and ETO on demand
- Performing the routine and/or emergency interventions on equipment necessary for the navigation (i.e. Radar, GMDSS) and on equipment necessary for the Guest Service (i.e TV System, Telephone System, Entertainment equipment etc)
- Performing operations of medium/low voltage and all switchboards onboard the ship, including the emergency switchboard
- Ensure that all aspects of the company's occupational health and safety programs are applied during working activities
- Assisting the supervisor on all electronic issues when required
- Update the stock levels of the electrical store-room and strategic spare parts when requested by superior, communicate with Storekeeper, and assisting in periodical inventories if required.
- Involved in planning, evaluations, and surveys dry docks and external repair/service activities assigned
- Ensure all aspects of the company's global (HESS-MS) Health, Environment, Safety and Security Management System are effectively applied during his/her working activities
- Participate in drills and training as required by the company
- Complete additional assignments depending on shipboard operations and as part of training
Minimum Requirements:What do you bring to the table?
- Certificate of Competency STCW reg: III/6
- Basic Training Certificates as per STCW standard
- Minimum 12 months shipboard experience in the Electro-technical field
- Electro-Technical Engineer (Bachelor or Master degree), Technical training
- English language proficiency
- Strong focus on ships safety management
- Follow Carnival’s Occupational and Health policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to work well with a team
- Being representative of Carnival Brand
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- Experience onboard cruise ships
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More