Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us a Junior Restaurant Hosts! This role will see you working on the front line providing outstanding service to our guests.
The Junior Host is responsible for greeting guests as they enter the dining room, seat guests at their assigned table, and greet guests as they leave the dining room; during Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner service. As with all of our team members, you’ll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
- The Junior Host is required to greet the guests as they approach the podium and seat guests as assigned by the YTD Hostess.
- To present the menus (and wine list during dinner) when seating the guests, and give the Guest Information Ticket to the Team Head Waiter/Waitress.
- When not seating guests, to visit tables and engage in light conversation and/or assist in any guest concerns.
- One Junior Host must be available at the podium at all times to greet/seat late dining guests and/or to wish each departing guest a “Very good evening”.
- When assigned to Lido, it is the duty of the Junior Host to act as ambassadors by engaging in light conversation with guests, and assist guests when opportunity is presented.
- Receive training from the YTD Hostess in silverwhere and manning the podium during YTD Dinner.
- Assist the Sr. Asst. Maitre D’ / Maitre D’ with reservations during Embarkation.
- To communicate with the Rest. Host regarding Bon Voyage gifts and Special Dietary requirements for YTD guests.
- To monitor and support any team that needs immediate assistance, with a view of maintaining smooth service and guest satisfaction. If any concerns cannot be resolved in a satisfactory manner the Sr. Asst. Maitre D’ / Maitre D’ is advised.
- To understand SilverWhere (Assigned Seating) in order to assist the Maitre D’ in resolving table assignment queries at the podium, and seat those guests accordingly (should any query be more complicated, to advise the Sr. Asst. Maitre D’ / Maitre D’ immediately).
- To be familiar with the CRS system and report all incidents to the Sr. Asst. Maitre D’ / Maitre D’ (accidents, problematic guests, service complaints etc.).
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More