Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We're looking for dedicated individuals to join us aboard as Refrigeration Cadets!
The Engine is the heart of our ship, and our technical teams ensure the safe and smooth operation of the propulsion systems, engines, waste disposal systems, electrical and fire systems, air conditioning, and mechanical equipment. Our team is also passionate about providing safe, memorable vacation experiences while ensuring Environmental compliance so our guests can enjoy the FUN facilities we have on board.
As a Refrigeration Cadet, you will be learning the ropes in the department, finding out what it takes to keep the Air Conditioning running and the ship cool. You will be working with the Chief Refrigeration Officer to learn the ropes and understand how the refrigeration and Air conditioning systems work. As a Refrigeration Cadet, you will be expected to be an example to others when it comes to following the rules and be an ambassador for the engine department.
Joining Carnival as a Refrigeration Cadet is the first step in what can be an enriching and FUN career as an Officer on one of our Ships!
What you will be doing:
This position is offered with a rotation of 4 months aboard and 2 months' on vacation.
- Learning and supporting the Refrigeration Officer in the maintenance and upkeep of the vessel's Ventilation/Air Condition and refrigeration systems
- Learning how to perform checks on AC Compressors and Provision compressors, and how to ensure that all parameters are in order that the HVAC system is working well
- Learning how to check the correct function of the inverters and other parts of the HVAC system to verify that measured values are in compliance with the position of the actuator and design values
- Performs elementary mechanical tasks under the supervision
- Assist the Refrigeration Officer in the execution of the maintenance and routine testing of equipment, instrument, and automation
- Ensure that all aspects of our occupational health and safety programs are effectively applied
- Ensure all aspects of the company's global (HESS-MS) Health, Environment, Safety and Security Management System are effectively applied during his/her working activities
- Participate in drills and training as required by the company
- Complete additional assignments depending on shipboard operations and training program
- 2+ Years experience working with a complex multi-unit HVAC system, specifically with experience performing maintenance and repairs
- Formal accreditation and certification in advanced HVAC maintenance - this is reviewed on a regional/ case-by-case basis
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More