Refrigeration Officer JuniorApply
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We're looking for dedicated individuals to join us aboard as Junior Refrigeration Officer!
The Engine is the heart of our ship, and our technical teams ensure the safe and smooth operation of the propulsion systems, engines, waste disposal systems, electrical and fire systems, air conditioning, and mechanical equipment. Our team is also passionate about providing safe, memorable vacation experiences while ensuring Environmental compliance so our guests can enjoy the FUN facilities we have on board.
As a Junior Refrigeration Officer, you will be a part of the Refrigeration/HVAC unit onboard, responsible to take all steps necessary to keep the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning running and the ship to cool.
You will be working with the Chief Refrigeration Officer to hold the ropes and ensuring that refrigeration and Air conditioning systems function all times, to provide Guests onboard their very best vacation experience. As a Junior Refrigeration Officer, you will be expected to be an example to others when it comes to following the rules and be an ambassador for the engine department.
Joining Carnival as a Refrigeration Officer Junior is the first step in what can be an enriching and FUN career as an Officer onboard one of our Ships!
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Supporting and working with the Refrigeration Officer (but not limited to) on the maintenance, repairs and upkeep of the vessel's Ventilation/Air Condition and refrigeration systems
- Performing checks and repairs of AC Compressors and Provision compressors, ensuring that all parameters are in order and that HVAC system onboard the ship is working at all times
- Performing checks and repairs of the correct function of the inverters and other parts of HVAC system to verify that measured values are in the compliance with the position of the actuator and design values
- Performing all mechanical/refrigeration tasks and repairs under supervision of Chief Refrigeration Officer
- Assist the Refrigeration Officer in the execution of the maintenance and routine testing of equipment, instrument and automation as per planned maintenance
- Ensure that all aspects of our occupational health and safety programs are effectively applied
- Ensure all aspects of the company's global (HESS-MS) Health, Environment, Safety and Security Management System are effectively applied during his/her working activities
- Participate in drills and training as required by the company
- Complete additional assignments depending on shipboard operations and training program
Minimum Requirements:What do you bring to the table?
- Basic Training Certificates as per STCW standard
- Minimum 12 months shipboard experience as Refrigeration Cadet or Junior HVAC Engineer
- Experienced with industrial refrigeration plants / HVAC system
- High School Diploma, Technical training with AC / HVAC certification
- English language proficiency
- Strong focus on ships safety management
- Follow Carnival’s Occupational and Health policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to work well with a team
- Being representative of Carnival Brand
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- HVAC experience onboard cruise ships
Carnival Cruise Line and its authorized crewing partners DO NOT CHARGE recruitment or deployment fees from applicants and Team Members BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS.
New travel policy! We are excited to share that Carnival Cruise Line is now providing joining flight tickets for all new hires and rehires in all Hotel positions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More