Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America. It operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and commit to putting safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude based on fostering a climate of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us achieve our ultimate goal: to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We're looking for dedicated individuals to join us as a Brewer!
Our guests love beer, not just any beer but the beer we brew on-board out ships! As a Carnival Brewer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end brewing process on-aboard to ensure that every batch meets flavor and quality standards for our guests to enjoy. You will love all things beer and be a subject matter expert in the process of selecting ingredients, preparing beer mixtures, and overseeing the fermentation process to create our delicious beer.
As a highly visible member of our guest-facing team, you will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Manage all inventory activities for the brewery including ordering, receiving, loading and storing materials for the ship’s entire brewery operation.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the brewery, from grain handling to wort cooling.
- Complete quality control in a brewery and follow all established standards and protocols.
- Act as a member of Carnival’s brewing team actively researching, testing, and creating new brews and processes to ensure Carnival maintains its position as the best brewery at sea.
- Train staff on making high-quality beer that meets RedFrog Pub & Brewery standards and conducts quality control to ensure the beer is made following established ingredients and recipes.
- Follow all USPH guidelines and ensure that the brewery complies with all established guidelines and protocols.
- Keep the brewery in ship-shape condition, ensure that brewery equipment is clean and running correctly, and perform regular maintenance on the equipment.
- Conduct as many brewery tours as scheduled and instructed
- Liaise with the Beverage Operations Management both aboard and ashore on all matters related to brewery activities.
- To perform other duties as may be required and instructed by the management.
Minimum Requirements:What do you bring to the table?
- A two-year Associates Degree in Brewing or Fermentation Science (International equivalents will be considered on an individual basis).
- 5-years of experience directly managing the fermentation processes in a professional craft of commercial brewery (this can be lowered to 3-years if the candidate has a full four-year Bachelor's degree).
- Deep understanding of current trends and industry happenings.
- Fluent understanding of brewery process, from fermentation, maturation to post-fermentation ingredients.
- Fluent knowledge of handling, sanitizing, and repairs of commercial brewing equipment.
- Complete understanding of classic beer styles and experience tasting during the brewing process.
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Follow Carnival’s sales and responsible service of alcohol procedure.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including oratory skills for conducting guest engagement sessions.
- Computer skills (word processing and email).
- Exceptional organizational skills, with experience managing logs and keeping records.
- Ability to work well individually and with a team.
- Candidates must be punctual, regular in attendance, have a positive attitude and good hygiene and act as an ambassador of the Carnival Values.
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- A four-year college Bachelor's degree in Brewing or Fermentation Science (International equivalents will be considered on an individual basis).
- Experience within an American/ Belgian brewing environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More