Shipboard Finance SpecialistApply
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Finance Specialists!
Our Finance Specialists have a head for numbers! As a Finance Specialist, you will be joining a small specialized FUN team who execute efficient and effective transaction processing and providing an expert financial point of view, contributing to proactively driving business results. The Finance specialist supports the finance team by recording on board coats and revenue data performing audits and providing financial data and analysis to the operating departments. And Shore side Management. Finance Specialists.
As with all of our team members, you’ll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
- Oversees the automated revenue accounting processes.
- Activates and closes revenue voyages in relevant systems.
- Ensures sales data from the Point of Sales system balances with the Sail & Sign payment system. Identifies, researches and corrects all discrepancies on a daily basis
- Monitors and manages guest and crew payment accounts, ensuring a form of payment is available at all times.
- Processes the ordering and receiving of goods on board via the designated on board inventory management system and reports variances to shipboard and shore side management.
- Conducts periodic audits of inventories in various storage locations.
- Performs end of voyage posting to close the period in the on-board inventory management system.
- Serves as administrator of all on board financial systems, provides end user support and performs tests during new deployments and special projects. Troubleshoots system issues, coordinates with the shipboard and shore side I/S teams to resolve these issues
- Trains new Finance Specialists in all job functions and generates training performance evaluations.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Provides various cost and revenue related financial reports to operating departments and shore side management.
- performs the analysis of item activity and pricing fluctuations and submits findings to shipboard management and Corporate Procurement.
- Provides financial support to various on board departments by responding to queries and providing reports and analysis upon request.
- Analyses impact of new initiatives and gives recommendations towards new procedures.
On-board Safety Responsibility:
- Participate in all drills and safety meetings as per ship’s command requirements.
- Ensure SMS and company safety regulations are enforced.
· Degree/diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in a finance related position.
· Shipboard Experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong work ethic, uncompromising integrity, as well as a high level of respect for all individuals.
· Attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Great ability to stay focused on results and deadlines until completed.
· Great team player with ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, multi- tasked, fast-paced environment.
· Values accountability and professionalism.
· Positive, flexible and open to change.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More