Shipboard Learning and Development Manager TraineeApply
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Learning and Development Managers!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learning Delivery
- Effectively and professionally facilitate all company learning programs, including planning, facilitating administering and evaluation.
- Actively coordinate, liaise and support all approved training requests from other departments and/or visiting trainers.
- Diligently monitor and maintain the required level of spoken English onboard through regular English evaluations, reporting as pet set procedures and conducting ESOL classes.
- Diligently administer and maintain the E-learning environment onboard.
- Effectively support, drive and facilitate supervisory and leadership development.
- Effectively facilitate orientation and onboarding programs to all new hires and returning team members per guidelines.
- Talent Development
- Own and lead department change and/or promotion process, including testing and pre-screening.
- Jointly create effective development plans an coach team members towards their professional development.
- Own and follow up on development plans for high potential team members as directed by HR Leadership.
- Organize the use of available learning resources for employee development.
- Observe company and/or flag state quality standards for program, facilities and administration.
- Diligently monitor and maintain compliance of all regulatory, corporate and other prescribed training programs as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, running reports and scheduling necessary classes each week or as is necessary
- Ensure thorough record keeping and produce accurate and timely reports, per guidelines.
- Effectively and diligently manage the daily learning resource center operations including opening hours per guidelines.
- Diligently maintain Learning Resource Centre facility, systems and library.
- Diligently and actively support, assist and comply with all necessary standards of ships safety, security, environmental and MLC requirements, per procedure.
- Prepare for upcoming audits to ensure that records and workspaces meet the necessary compliance standards. Promptly correct deficiencies cited during inspection rounds.
- Diligently monitor and manage the cost of the HR Department
- Own set up and breakdown of training spaces/venues in line with safety and housekeeping considerations.
- HR Support
- Actively participate in drills, seminars and trainings as required.
- Support employee engagement programs and welfare activities.
- Collaborate with HR Team to support HR Services to team members.
- Actively participate in and support crew onboarding operations.
- Effectively plan, organize and facilitate Behind the Fun Tours, per procedure.
- Deliver all basic and essential engagement functions in the absence of the Engagement Specialist.
- Actively and effectively participate in, perform and sustain any other special projects/duties as assigned by HR Leadership.
- Solid interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate across cultures and positions.
- Keen attention to detail and strong administration skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite at intermediate level or higher required.
- Proactive and reliable, can function with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator with ability to speak/present to groups, and facilitate meetings, training programs and development discussions.
- Credible and responsible with high ethical standards.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates adaptability to change, flexible and strong team player.
- Passion to grow self and develop others
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification is required.
- Degrees in Human Resources faculty e.g. Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources or Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Development, will have preference,
- Aspiring trainers with a broad liberal arts background may also be if their courses include education, business administration, behavioral sciences, and principles of management, organizational structure or psychology.
- Non-humanity degrees with added trainer certifications may also be considered if the applicant demonstrates adequate knowledge; including how to develop curriculum, teach skills to individuals and groups; and evaluate training results.
- Applicants will need to speak and present to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, liaise with management and coach team members. they must be friendly, yet, clear strong speakers and assertive when needed. They will possess solid business writing skills and be familiar with the use of email and the modes of communication. Applicants should demonstrate active listening skills. They will be fluent in written and spoken English; including its correct use of vocabulary and grammar.
Previous Work Experience
- 2+ years managing and L&D function is required. Alternatively, the candidate will have held an operational role at the management level with training and learning facilitation of employees being a key function.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More