Shore Excursions AssociateApply
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels around the world! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Shore Excursions Associates!
As part of our Carnival Adventures Team Shore Excursions Associates are integral parts of our guest’s vacation experience. Our Shore Excursions Associates support the Shore Excursion Manager to maximize revenues by marketing, promoting, explaining and selling tours to guests, along with ability of converting guest interactions into an excursion sale. Additionally, the Shore Excursions Associates are effective and efficient in marketing strategies and able to execute tactical plans to reach department financial targets. Shore Excursions team ensures that our guests have the best possible experience on their excursions by maintaining the highest possible product quality and safety.
As with all of our team members, you’ll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
- Execute tactical plans to achieve revenue and sales targets.
- Liaise with Operations and Revenue Team to maximise revenue.
- Employs effective marketing strategies.
- Promote, explain, and sale tours to guests before they go ashore.
- Partake in , and monitor the Shore Excursion Program.
- Handle guest complaints and queries.
- Achieve Guest Satisfaction Targets (TGEM).
- Promote and process Carnival MasterCard applications.
- Maintain professional working relationships with Tour Operators.
- Assist with the dispatch of all shore excursions, Pier and Lounge dispatch.
- Participate in all safety drill and trainings as required.
- Follow all environmental and ECP policies and procedures.
- Experience of the Hospitality Industry (2 years min), either Hotels, Tour Operators or Cruise Lines
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Additional languages are a plus.
- Experience and competence in Sales
- Understanding of marketing and promotion methods
- Understanding of revenue, analytics and ability to interpret ships revenue targets and performance.
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft packages
- A good understanding of revenue responsibility
- Drivers licence preferred
- Ability to Swim and partake in adventure activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable and a good listener,
- Enjoy working in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong execution skills, ability to prioritize and take a structured approach
- Resourceful and adaptable/able to respond effectively and quickly to changing situations
- Highly confident with strong integrity to build trust and respect
- Sense of fun, energy and passion.
- 6 months contract and 2 months’ vacation
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More