Specialty Restaurant ManagerApply
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
To be responsible for the overall running of a Specialty Restaurant.
To oversee the Food and Beverage service activities in the Restaurant and to ensure the guest's satisfaction during dinner.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The ensure the correct mise-en-place and set-up of the restaurant before service begins.
- To check all tables for correct set-up, the furniture and fixtures are in well maintained and the carpet and floors are clean.
- To check that the right ambiance is created by adjusting the lighting and music to the appropriate levels.
- To check with every table whether the food and service was to their satisfaction and take necessary action if needed.
- To communicate effectively and timely with all members of the team regarding procedural changes and upcoming events.
- To enforce employee discipline in a fair impartial manner where needed.
- To ensure all paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- To ensure all USPH Regulations are followed and maintained.
- To ensure correct and timely check-in of employees before service commences.
- To ensure fair scheduling and station assignment.
- To ensure that all accidents/incidents are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all inventories are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all Restaurant Servers follow the “Carnival Look” standards and are properly attired as per company standards.
- To ensure that all Servers place the food and beverage orders correctly for the galley.
- To ensure that all side stations are clean and tidy and have been set up correctly.
- To ensure that all special requests made by guests are accommodated as far as is possible.
- To ensure that all tables have been serviced by Servers for food and bar orders.
- To ensure that the linen, uniform, menu, ménage lockers and cabinets are always kept clean and tidy. Par stocks for all the above should be established and always maintained.
- To ensure that the Servers provide professional yet friendly service in accordance with company standards that will exceed our guests’ expectations.
- To greet and seat all guests as they enter the Restaurant.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the reservation procedures.
- To liaise with the FOM/Chef regarding shortages, guest counts, special diet requests, occasion cakes and VIP tables.
- To make evaluations for all servers.
- To monitor areas in the restaurant during service ensuring safe working practices are carried out.
- To open the Restaurant for service on time.
- To perform other tasks related to Restaurant service operations that may be assigned by the management.
- To perform the necessary administrative tasks.
- To present and serve occasion cakes.
- To provide proper and effective training to the servers.
- International restaurant/hotel management certification.
- Must have at least 3+ years of operating - Cruise/hotel/hospitality, fine dining experience, is required.
- Must have experience in leading and training a team small team.
- Must be detail-oriented with an eye for guest experience and guest satisfaction. Strong organizational skills, effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and onboard teams.
Carnival Cruise Line and its authorized crewing partners DO NOT CHARGE recruitment or deployment fees from applicants and Team Members BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS.
New travel policy! We are excited to share that Carnival Cruise Line is now providing joining flight tickets for all new hires and rehires in all Hotel positions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our workforce hails from more than 100 countries around the world, and we know that what makes us different is what makes us great.
Our beliefs have helped drive our company and experience since the very beginning.Learn More