Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Learning and Development Managers!
- Effectively facilitate all company learning programs, including planning, administering, and evaluating thereafter.
- Actively coordinate, liaise, and support all approved training requests from other departments and/or visiting trainers.
- Empowering team members to better their written & spoken English skills through onboard resources.
- Diligently administer and maintain the E-learning environment on board.
- Effectively support, drive, and facilitate supervisory and leadership development programs.
- Effectively manage onboarding programs for all new hires and returning team members per set guidelines.
- Facilitate positive change effectively for all learning programs and initiatives.
- Support the department change request process for shipboard team members through testing and pre-screening.
- Create effective development plans and coach team members toward their professional development in consultation with shipboard & shoreside leadership.
- Support development plans for high-potential team members as directed by shipboard or shoreside leaders.
- Optimize the use of available learning resources for employee development.
- Support the competency framework implementation onboard (Professional Development Records).
- Observe company, government and/or flag state quality standards for programs, facilities, and administration.
- Diligently monitor and maintain compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and other prescribed programs. This includes but is not limited to running reports and scheduling necessary classes each week or as mandated.
- Ensure thorough record keeping and produce accurate and timely reports, per company guidelines.
- Manage the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) facility, inventory of resources & opening hours.
- Actively support, assist, and comply with all necessary standards of company & ship safety, security, environmental (HESS) and MLC requirements
- Prepare for and lead any training-related audit; Promptly correct deficiencies cited during inspection rounds.
- Diligently control, monitor, and manage the cost efficiency of the L&D operations onboard.
- Own setup and breakdown of training spaces/venues in line with safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Actively participate in drills, seminars, and training programs, as required.
- support employee engagement programs and welfare activities.
- Collaborate with the HR Team to support HR Services provided to our team members.
- Support team member onboarding operations.
- Deliver all basic and essential engagement functions in the absence of the Engagement Specialist.
- Participate in, perform, and sustain any other special projects/ duties as assigned by HR Leadership.
Minimum General Requirements:
- Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate across cultures and positions.
- Keen attention to detail and strong administration skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite at intermediate level or higher required.
- Proactive and reliable, can function with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator with the ability to speak/present to groups and facilitate meetings, training programs, and development discussions.
- Credible and responsible with high ethical standards.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates adaptability to change, flexible and strong team player.
- Passion to grow self and develop others
- Fluency in spoken and written English.