EXCITED FOR AN ADVENTURE?
READY TO TAKE ON SOMETHING NEW?
If your answer is “YES,” then you are ready to get started with a Carnival career! Check out our process and FAQs below to know what to expect at every step.
START AN APPLICATION
- Use our online application tool and set the pace of your application.
- Review and acknowledge position requirements.
- Complete your personal profile, educational background and work experience.
- Submit supporting documents, such as:
- A cover letter and resume
- Certified copies of your professional qualifications and certificates
- Details of specific skills
PREPARE FOR YOUR INTERVIEWS
- Allow us to share more detail through pre-recorded virtual introductions to our shore-side and shipboard teams.
- Participate in an online screening interview in your own time.
- Listening, comprehension, English language skills for the position will be assessed.
- Successful applicants will receive a provisional offer, subject to review of references and recommendations for employment.
ACCEPT YOUR EMPLOYMENT OFFER
Accepting a formal offer of employment, and all terms and conditions, will allow us to start the “manning” or “administration” process to get you ready as a seafarer. This is also known as “onboarding”. As these next steps typically take place locally in your country of residence, your application will be handled administratively by our fabulous recruiting teams!
START YOUR ONBOARDING PROCESS
Our local administration offices will contact you with guidance on the next steps. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pass a Seafarer Medical Fitness examination.
- Obtain the necessary travel documents and visas (including C1/D visas for non-American or Canadian applicants).
- Criminal background checks or Police Clearance.
- Personal preparation and consideration of notice period.
- Additional requirements may be imposed by certain countries, flag states or regulatory bodies, dependent on your nationality and country of residence.
JOINING A SHIP
Back to start
- Your employment will only be confirmed once you pass all onboarding steps and accept a contract for your first shipboard assignment.
- Onboarding may take several days or even weeks, although we will always try to assign you to one of our vessels as soon as possible!
- Always wait for precise instructions before engaging in any professional or personal arrangements in anticipation of joining a ship.
- Depending on our operational needs, you may need to wait several weeks for assignment to become available.