This is a Shipboard position
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun, and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude that is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness, and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Engagement Specialists!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crew Welfare and Wellness
- Owns and leads Fun Team initiatives, including meetings, planning, and promoting crew welfare activities per guidelines.
- Diligently control. monitor and consistently maintain Fun Team resources to ensure a positive team member experience.
- Ensure the integrity of the Fun Team calendar, and posters are aligned with brand standards.
- Effectively support and drive the employee wellness program.
- Execute the crew bicycle program ensure compliance with port laws, inspect the safety and ensure the integrity of all bicycles.
- Execute the crew barber shop procedure, and ensure compliance with all health and safety training.
- Employee Recognition and Engagement:
- Effectively own, organize, and manage all employee recognition programs, including but not limited to I AM celebration, HESS Champion awards, and Service awards.
- Support the HR Director with all engagement surveys, family meetings, action plan, and town hall meetings.
- Effectively plan and administer any team surveys, including new hire surveys.
- Employee Communications:
- Consistently maintain all branded boards, Calendars, and spaces to approved CCL standards.
- Ensure regular and relevant material is submitted for Seaview or any other in-house publication.
- Ensure timely distribution and advertisement of all hard copy publications, notices, and communications.
- Prepare the Daily Compass material in a timely manner.
- Support the HR Director and Ship leadership with drafting and/or publishing any shipwide notices or crew communications.
- Observe company, Government and/or flag state quality standards for programs, facilities, and administration.
- Ensure thorough record keeping and produce accurate and timely reports per guidelines
- Effectively and diligently manage the daily Learning Resource Centre operations, including opening hours, facility, systems, and library per guidelines.
- Diligently and actively support, assist, and comply with all necessary standards of ship safety, security, Environmental, and MLC requirements.
- Prepare for upcoming audits to ensure that records and workspaces meet the necessary compliance standards. Promptly correct deficiencies found during inspection rounds.
- Diligently control, monitor, and manage the cost efficiently of the HR Department.
- Own set up and breakdown of crew functions in line with Safety, Environmental, and Housekeeping considerations.
- HR Support
- Actively participate in all drills, seminars and training programs as required.
- Collaborate with the HR Team to support HR Services to team members
- Actively participate in and support crew onboarding operations.
- Actively plan, organize, and facilitate Behind the Fun tours per procedure.
- Learning Delivery
- Effectively and professionally facilitate all regulatory safety training programs with the Learning and Development Manager.
- Deliver all regulatory programs in the absence of the Learning and Development Manager.
- Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate across cultures and positions.
- Keen attention to detail and strong administration skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at intermediate level or higher.
- Proactive and reliable, can function with minimum supervision.
- Effective communicator with the ability to speak/present to groups and facilitate meetings confidently; solid business writing skills.
- Credible, responsible, and with high ethical standards.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates adaptability to change, flexible and strong team player.
- Passion to grow self and develop others.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- A minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification is required
- Degrees in a Human Resources faculty e.g. Bachelor of Arts in HR or Bachelor of Science in HR Development, will have preference.
- Applicants with additional qualifications or certifications in the areas of coaching and/or developing people or event planning will have preference,
- Applicants will need to speak and present to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, and liaise with management. They must be friendly yet, clear, strong speakers, and assertive when needed. They will also possess solid business writing skills and be familiar with the use of email and the modes of communication. Applicants must demonstrate active listening skills. They will be fluent in spoken and written English, including its correct use of vocabulary and grammar.
Previous Work Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in a high customer engagement role is required.
- Candidates should have held an operational role in Human Resources, with interacting with employees being a key function.
- Candidates with an Employee Engagement background will be given preference.
- Candidate with experience in Event Management, With facilitation of the event being a key function, will also be considered.